- 1½ pound wild shrimp
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- cayenne pepper, dash
- ½ tbsp salt
- Peel your shrimp and cut them in half or thirds. I never understood why soups with shrimp only have like 3 pieces and they are such big bites.
- Now chop up your onion, garlic and cilantro.
- Next add your coconut oil to a medium pot and turn on high. Then add in the garlic and onions.
- Once the onions start to become translucent add your coconut milk and shrimp and cook on medium.
- Add your water, lemon juice, a dash of cayenne pepper, and salt. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then turn off and add your tomatoes, cilantro and scallions and it’s ready to eat.
Recipe courtesy of www.stiritup.me